Picnics are generally organised for the first Sunday of every month, with the following upcoming dates:
- February – Arbor Day Picnic
- March – Clean Up Australia Weekend
- April – Youth Week Picnic
- May – Permaculture Picnic
- June – Eco-Picnic
- July – NAIDOC Week
- August – National Tree Day Picnic
- September – Children’s Spring & Science Week Picnic
- October – Pink Picnic (Breast Cancer Fundraiser)
- November – Zero Waste Weekend & Picnic
- December – Epic Picnic
Please Note: If it is raining leading-up to a picnic, an event may be postponed. For this reason, we suggest checking the Gardens’ Facebook page for regular updates.
The Picnics are an opportunity for Garden-members and members of the public to gather, relax, and enjoy the ambience of the Garden, and generally include the following:
- A $5.00 Garden Harvest Lunch, including sausage-sizzle, salads, cakes, tea, coffee and more – your $5.00 helps to cover the costs of catering, and fundraising for the Gardens.
- A foraging-tour through the Gardens highlighting regional produce and bushtucker that promote the low food miles tenet.
- Educational and craft workshops, such as palm-frond weaving and making butterfly water-dishes.
- For the Kids: Nature Play with a cubby-house, sand-pit, tyre-crocodile, climbing-equipment, and more!
The Gardens also often partner with other local community groups, giving them the opportunity to promote their causes and work.