President – Bernard Holden
Secretary – Michelle Lovelace
Treasurer – Cherrill Spina
Patron – Connie Symmons
The Johnstone River Community Gardens Inc. are an ‘incorporated association’, which means that we do have some legal responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- The Gardens are a legally registered not-for-profit organisation, with all profits being put back into the association’s activities, and not being distributed to members for personal gain.
- The organisation can continue regardless of changes to individual membership.
- Members are required to elect a President, Secretary, and Treasurer each year at the Annual General Meeting (with the positions of President and Treasurer being held by two different people), which then forms the Management Committee.
- We have adopted a set of operating rules via the organisation’s Constitution.
- Each financial year we lodge an ‘Association Incorporation Form’ to the Queensland ‘Office of Fair Trading’.
- To learn more about Incorporated Associations, click here.
- The Gardens are also sanctioned by the Queensland ‘Office of Fair Trading’ to fundraise for community purposes.
- To learn more fundraising for a community purpose, click here.