As part of our mission of Growing Food, Nourishing Community, the Gardens has a space of 2.5 acres with numerous facilities that allow members to gather, play, learn, and grow.
Garden Map & Outlay
Map and outlay to come.
Current Garden Facilities
The Gardens currently have the following facilities:
- Communal-plots* for members to grow, harvest, and share food, with excess donated to the wider community.
- Public-plots for non-members to get a literal taste of community gardening.
- Private-plots* for members to grow produce for personal consumption and commercial purposes.
- An ‘Indigenous Dyes, Fibres & Food Garden’ to walk through and learn local Mamu knowledge from.
- A communal tool-shed*.
- A communal greenhouse* to propagate seeds and seedlings.
- Two central pavilions with a BBQ* and kettle* for people to gather for a cuppa and a chat during Working Bees, or during our monthly Community Picnics.
- A cubby, sand-pit, climbing-equipment, and The Cooly-Wurley Kid’s Garden for the little ones to get their hands dirty and play in.
- A communal book-bank* and seed-library*.
- Community composting facilities.
- Council-cleaned toilet-facilities*, and potable tank-water facilities.
Please Note: Facilities with an *asterisk* may be secured with a lock; if so, they require paid Garden-membership and a key to access, in order to prevent theft and vandalism, and assist in their maintenance and upkeep.
Future Garden Projects
To follow its vision and improve on its capacity to Grow Food and Nourish Community, the Gardens have the following projects in mind:
- Finishing the seed and book bank
- Finishing the pizza-oven
- Repairing the stage to better facilitate community events
- Replacing the much-loved and much-used central pavilion
- Getting new marquees over the picnic-tables.
If you are interested in supporting and contributing to the Garden’s vision, click here.